Saint-Gobain Gyproc’s range of RhinoBoard products for walls and ceilings recently achieved the prestigious Global GreenTag Certification earning GBCSA Level B.
The rating process, which helps establish a benchmark of verified and eco-preferred products within the construction industry, is an accreditation standard recognised by the Green Building Council of South Africa. For materials to receive a green rating, they must undergo rigorous assessment and meet evidence-based criteria, ensuring that they meet the criteria to receive GreenTag certification.
“Being sustainable means being aware of the impact our products have on the environment,” says Ian Winroth, head of sales at Saint-Gobain Gyproc. “Our products are designed to create safe, healthy and comfortable urban habitats that are also energy efficient, enabling homeowners to reduce their impact on the environment,” he explains.
This is the philosophy behind the company’s performance plasterboard range that received the rating. Gyproc RhinoBoard, MoistureResistant, FireStop, SoundBloc and DuraLine all consist of an aerated or foamed gypsum core encased in up to 100% Post-Consumer recycled paper liner. They can be used for interior walls and ceilings in residential, commercial and industrial buildings – especially where thermal, acoustic or fire rating criteria have been specified.
“We anticipate that this certification will cement a sense of confidence amongst stakeholders and customers within the architecture and construction industries as we continue to innovate and develop products that help address challenges around sustainability, energy efficiency and environmental protection,” concludes Winroth.
Saint-Gobain Gyproc continues to add value to the environment by helping to safeguard rhinos in South Africa. For every RhinoBoard or RhinoLite product purchased, a percentage of profits goes to SANParks Honorary Rangers to support rhino anti-poaching efforts. Find out more at www.gyproc.co.za
23 - 24 August 2017 – Cape Town International Convention Centre
Please quote Ticket Code: MP when you register here for your FREE expo pass and stand a chance to win over R50 000 worth of prizes!
Be a part of the Western Cape’s Largest Building and Construction Show
Why you should attend the Cape Construction Expo:
- Meet over 80 trade partners and associations who can help you to reach new markets
- Network and build relationships with fellow attendees from across the Western Cape
- Advance your career by earning CPD points
- Connect with likeminded industry stakeholders
- Explore six dedicated built environment zones
- Hear from the industry thought leaders in our FREE Workshops
The Cape Construction Expo represents the entire Western Cape’s built environment value chain with six dedicated zones, allowing you to navigate your way through the expo efficiently.
23 August 2017 – Cape Town International Convention Centre
65% of South Africa’s population already live in urban areas and this number is growing by 1.2% annually.
Infrastructure demands in most African cities expected to almost double by 2030. Smarter approaches to city infrastructure are non-negotiable.
The BIM Institute and Hypenica are pleased to present the SMART Buildings series of Summits. It is Africa’s only platform designed for decision-makers and analysts from the public and private sectors responsible for the design, construction and operation of infrastructure assets and or the specification and procurement of major infrastructure assets.
WHY YOU NEED TO BE THERE?
- Explore opportunities to smarten up existing or new buildings while increasing its revenue generation and cost effectiveness
- Gain knowledge on how to improve building performance through smart technology
- Hear from local and international buildings’ case studies and how you can use the information to improve your own developments
- Benefit from what the Internet of things (IoT) mean to project participants
- Future proof buildings through smarter property development
- Understand technology implementation within smart buildings
- Learn new generation approaches to building design and delivery
View website for more info and REGISTER HERE
Regional Events – Western Cape