Global GreenTag’s GreenRate certification is a Green Building Council of South Africa recognised product rating system designed to meet the requirements of the Green Star SA® ‘MAT-Materials Calculator’ credits. Also recognised by GBC’s in Australia and New Zealand, all certified products are examined for ‘Fit-for-Purpose’ and confirmed for Building Code compliance.
Based on Full Disclosure of ingredients, it looks in detail at Health and Ecotoxicity and the other Priority Assessment Criteria. It looks at different aspects of the product and its ingredients at various stages and for various issues including; aspects of resource use (post consumer recycled and rapidly renewable content), waste reduction, availability of greenhouse and water footprints,
The Level of Certification equates to a ‘Sustainability Factor’ in the Green Star SA®* rating tools’ Materials Calculator credits for Furniture, Assemblies, Flooring and Wall Coverings. It is also recognised by the Singapore BCA’s Green Mark International Program regarding its use in Africa e.g. Tanzania.e Level A = 100%
GreenRate™ is also recognised internationally by:
- Singapore BCA’s Green Mark International Program outside SIngapore and Africa
- The Infrastructure Sustainability Rating tool in Australia and New Zealand
- Malaysian Government’s MyHIJAU Program
- Urban Development Institute of Australia’s EnviroDevelopment Program
- *Green Star SA® is a Registered Mark of the Green Building Council of South Africa (Note: the Level outcomes vary for GBCSA certification).
- *Green Star® is a Registered Mark of the Green Building Council of Australia
- *Green Star NZ® is a Registered Mark of the Green Building Council of New Zealand